A new press release from Disney has revealed that there will be new Tsum Tsum sets available at next month’s D23 Expo. The press released indicates that there will be Mini and Micro sets available. It appears that at least one of the sets will be a Mary Poppins set which will be joined by 2-3 more sets. Below is a look at the press release that includes the mention of the new Tsum Tsums as well as a look at some of the new products that will be released.
Pasadena, Calif. — June 20, 2017 – Disney Store today announced the new collections and Limited Edition sets to launch at this year’s D23 Expo 2017, Disney’s ultimate fan event held at the Anaheim Convention Center July 14–16. The never-before-seen collections celebrate milestone anniversaries and everyone’s favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars characters.
D23 Expo 2017 attendees will be introduced to the new Disney Designer Collection and get a first look at the newest collections debuting at this year’s event, including exclusive Disney Store pieces from Her Universe, the Art of Snow White collection, MXYZ Vinyl Mini Blind Box Collectibles, and, for the first time ever, a D23 Expo Marvel collection from Disney Store.
In addition to the chance to shop special products not yet available to the general public, fans will have the opportunity to meet some of the artists and designers who created these exciting new collections.
Highlights of the collections include:
- Disney Designer Collection:Formerly known as the Disney Fairytale Designer Collection, the Disney Designer Collection takes the classic assortment beyond the fairytale to tell the iconic stories of Disney’s legacy of film history and introduces three series: Fairytale Series, Folktale Series, and Pixar Animation Studios Series. At the event, Guests will have the opportunity to purchase three of the new Limited Edition dolls:
o Fairytale Series: Pinocchio (limited to an edition size of 1,023)
o Folktale Series: Mulan (limited to an edition size of 523)
o Pixar Animation Studios Series: The Incredibles (limited to an edition size of 1,023)
Guests at the event also will have the opportunity to preview and pre-purchase a set of the five Limited Edition dolls releasing at Disney Store locations and DisneyStore.com September – November (each limited to an edition size of 6,000):
o Fairytale Series: The Little Mermaid, Tangled, Robin Hood
o Folktale Series: Moana, One Hundred and One Dalmatians
- Disney•Pixar:In partnership with John Lasseter and the Pixar Animation Studios team, the Disney Store shop at D23 Expo 2017 will offer a special collection featuring some favorite Pixar characters.
- MXYZVinyl Mini Blind Box Collectibles: The newest vinyl blind box collection features eight iconic characters in the Disney Store MXYZ art style—perfect for collecting and trading. Retailing at $5 each, the mini-sized characters come with a key chain attachment to add a pop of fun and personalize accessories, bags, and more.
- Star Wars:Fans won’t have to go to a galaxy far, far away to find an expansive assortment of Star Wars merchandise at D23 Expo 2017. The Disney Store shop will feature Star Wars apparel, accessories, drinkware, and, of course, collectibles. Notable highlights of the assortment are the Limited Edition Star Wars Elite Series Premium Action Figures, featuring iconic Hero and Villain duos: Princess Leia and Darth Vader; Rey and Kylo Ren; and Jyn Erso and Director Orson Krennic. Each duo retails for $79.95 and is limited to an edition size of 1,000.
- Milestone Anniversaries:Disney Store will celebrate three milestone anniversaries at D23 Expo 2017: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit’s 90th, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ 80th, and Bambi’s 75th. Each anniversary will be celebrated with a special assortment.
- Disney Tsum Tsum:Disney Tsum Tsum fans will be delighted with a new Limited Edition set released each day. Each unique set will bring Guests’ favorite characters and stories to life through adorable mini and micro Tsum Tsums.
- Minnie Mouse Signature Collection:The next product installment of the beloved fashionista Minnie Mouse features a collection of apparel, accessories, and a Limited Edition doll of Minnie, stylish as always.
- Marvel:For the first time ever, Disney Store will offer a Marvel collection at D23 Expo. The assortment includes Limited Edition collectibles, including a pin set, lithograph set, and ornament set.
- Her Universe:Ashley Eckstein, founder of Her Universe, created exclusive pieces for Disney Store that will be available for the first time at D23 Expo 2017. The never-before-seen products are featured within the Minnie Signature, Star Wars, Pixar, and Marvel collections.
D23, the official Disney fan club, is once again partnering with Disney Store to offer an array of fan favorite items at this year’s D23 Expo. Many items will proudly boast a D23 Expo 2017 stamp of approval seal, indicating it was made specifically for this year’s event, celebrating Disney’s amazing fans and the special Disney anniversaries and iconic collectibles Guests love—available first to all Guests at D23 Expo.
Artist Signings: Learn About the Magic Makers Behind Some of the New Collections
The product designers and artists will be available for autograph signings following their respective panels at the Oh My Disney stage, exclusively for Guests who purchase select products from the Disney Store shop at D23 Expo 2017:
- Friday, July 14
o Jessica Fuchs and Steve Thompson, Disney Folktale Series Artists
- 4:30 p.m. – Interview at Oh My Disney Stage
- 5 p.m. – Product signing
- Saturday, July 15
o Jessica Fuchs and Steve Thompson, Art of Snow White Artists
- 5 p.m. – Interview at Oh My Disney Stage
- 5:30 p.m. – Product signing
Disney Store will offer a limited quantity of StorePass tickets per day in an effort to minimize wait times for our Guests who wish to shop. StorePass tickets will be available beginning at 9 a.m. each day at the StorePass desk located adjacent to the StagePass distribution area in Hall A. The StorePass will provide Guests with a shopping experience timeslot, between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Guests can visit the Things to Know page at D23expo.com for more details.
Additional details and updates about Disney Store D23 Expo events and activities will continue to be updated on www.D23expo.com, on the forthcoming D23 Expo app, and on Facebook and Twitter @DisneyD23.
The Disney Store shop at D23 Expo 2017 comprises more than 5,000 sq. ft. of retail space and is located directly across from the Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) Pavilion.
Disney Books in the DCPI Pavilion
Fans and collectors will be able to purchase the latest bestselling books and D23 Expo-exclusive titles in the DCPI Pavilion and the Disney Dream Store. After experiencing Disney Publishing Worldwide’s series of panels and presentations, Guests can bring home Disney’s featured Disney Editions and Disney books that celebrate the artistry, history, and legacy of The Walt Disney Company.
In addition, the DCPI Pavilion will also be home to select titles available for purchase only to D23 Expo 2017 Guests before they go on sale to the public this summer, including:
A Kiss Goodnight (Richard Sherman, Floyd Norman)
On sale August 22, 2017
Ink & Paint: The Women of Walt Disney’s Animation (Mindy Johnson)
On sale September 5, 2017
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: The Search for the Lost Disney Cartoons (Dave Bossert)
On sale August 29, 2017
Art of Coloring: Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas
On sale July 18, 2017
Throughout the weekend, Disney Publishing Worldwide authors, illustrators, artists, and Imagineers will meet with Guests and host book signings at Talent Central and in the Disney Dream Store:
Friday, July 14
Alex Hirsch, Rob Renzetti, Stephanie Ramirez (Gravity Falls: Journal 3), 12:30 – 1:45 p.m., Talent Central
Daron Nefcy, Dominic Bisignano (Star vs. The Forces of Evil: Star and Marco’s Guide to Mastering Every Dimension), 12:30 – 1:45 p.m., Talent Central
Pam Brandon (Delicious Disney), 3:45 – 4:45 p.m., Disney Dream Store
Michael Singer (Disney Pirates: The Definitive Collector’s Anthology), 5:30 – 7 p.m., Talent Central
Mindy Johnson (Ink & Paint: The Women of Walt Disney’s Animation)
6 – 7 p.m.
Disney Dream Store
Saturday, July 15
Pam Brandon (Delicious Disney), 1:15 – 2:15 p.m., Disney Dream Store
Ridley Pearson (Kingdom Keepers), 4:15 – 5:15 p.m., Talent Central
Victoria Saxon (Poster Art of Cars), 4:15 – 5:15 p.m., Talent Central
Dave Smith (Disney Facts Revealed), 6 – 7 p.m., Talent Central
Sunday, July 16
Dave Smith (Disney Facts Revealed), 10 – 11 a.m., Talent Central
Dave Bossert (Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: The Search for the Lost Disney Cartoons), 1 – 2 p.m., Talent Central
Marty Sklar, Vanessa Hunt (Maps of the Disney Parks), 1:30 – 2:30 p.m., Talent Central
Floyd Norman (A Kiss Goodnight), 2:30 – 3:30 p.m., Talent Central
Talent will only be signing titles purchased at D23 Expo 2017. Proof of purchase will be required. Presentations, locations, and talent and artist signings are subject to change.
Tickets for D23 Expo 2017 are available for $81 for one-day adult admission and $59 for children 3 – 9. Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets for $72 for a one-day adult admission and $53 for children 3 – 9. Multi-day tickets are also available. For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2017, visit D23expo.com.
To find a local Disney Store, Guests can visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocator or call (866) 902-2798. Guests can also sign up for email alerts at www.DisneyStore.com/Register, become a fan on Facebook www.facebook.com/DisneyStore, or follow along on Instagram www.instagram.com/DisneyStore and Twitter www.twitter.com/DisneyStore.